|The Membership office offers services to applicants seeking to become members of the Grand Traverse Band. These applications are evaluated and processed based on the criteria outlined in the Tribal Constitution, Article II and the Enrollment Ordinance approved by Tribal Council, effective October 2, 2006. Additionally, we provide the necessary data to all Tribal programs needing statistical data for grant applications and mailings. We also assist the Election Board in any way possible.
|On a daily basis our staff makes updates to a database that manages data on member identification and vital statistics such as addresses and phone numbers. This database is also used to generate mailing lists and labels as well as reports for other Tribal programs including the Tribal Newsletter. It stores the photographs and signatures of Tribal members to provide Tribal ID's and it stores genealogical information.
Services offered through our office include
- Tribal directory
- A list of registered voters, and mailing labels
- We process tuition waivers, Native American Employment Certifications and Tribal enrollment verifications for Indian Child Welfare
- We have three Notaries in our office for assistance
- We can provide Certificates of Enrollment and CDIBs (Certified Degree of Indian Blood) to Tribal members as needed
- We will assist enrollment into GTB; and, provide help with genealogical inquiries for the purpose of enrollment.
- We will also petition the courts for information for the purpose of enrollment
|In regard to the election process, our office registers voters for GTB elections. For a small fee we can produce lists of registered voters in any order you would like them as well as mailing labels. If you are going to run for office you will pick up your candidate packet here.
|Providing services to our members is our top priority. We sincerely look forward to assisting you in any way we can. Please feel free to contact our office during regular business hours or email us at the addresses listed below.
2605 N West Bay Shore Drive
Peshawbestown, MI 49682 - 9275
Phone (231) 534-7101 | Fax (231) 534-7715