Tribal Council Members
I. CALL TO ORDER
A. Roll Call
B. Additions/Deletions to the Agenda
1. Approval of Agenda
C. Approval of Minutes
1. Tribal Council Special Session- August 29, 2018
2. Tribal Council Special Session- August 29, 2018, Closed Session
3. Tribal Council Regular Session- September 19, 2018
4. Tribal Council Regular Session- September 19, 2018 Closed Session
D. Elders Open Forum
E. Review of Written Management Reports
1. Tribal Manager Report-Sonya Zotigh
2. Chief Financial Officer Report – Rebecca Woods
3. EDC/GTRS Report
4. Natural Resources & Environmental Committee – Councilor Brian Napont
II. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
A. Change Tax Agreement Area-Sean Cahill, Legal Department
1. Approval by Motion to request the Michigan Department of Treasury to amend the Tax Agreement Area (TAA) by accepting 12 current agreement sections in exchange for 12 sections that are contiguous to, but currently not within the TAA.
III. NEW BUSINESS
A. Traverse City Arts Commission Clinch Park Tunnel Artwork Presentation-Tribal Councilor Mark Wilson
1. GTB support of the Traverse City Arts Commission Clinch Park Tunnel Artwork Project.
B. GTED Request for Funding-Jane A. Rohl, Tribal Council Treasurer
1. Approval by Motion of GTED’s request for funding in the amount of $7.4 million; $5.4 million for the purchase of BSSW and $2 million funding for GTED operational account.
C. Close Enrollment for Per Capita Distribution-Diana Arnold
1. Approval of Resolution #18-36.3037.
D. Gaming Commission Vacant Seat-Tina A. Frankenberger, Tribal Council Secretary
1. Approval by Motion to post the vacancy on the Gaming Commission for 30 days.
E. NCAI Membership 2018-2019 Approval of Resolution #18-36.3042-Leanne Alber
1. Resolution approval.
F. Annual 1- Year Election Board Legal Contract Renewed for: Wilson D. Brott of Brott, Settles & Brott P.C.-Shawn Koon-Nolff, EB Chairman/Diana Arnold, Program Director
1. Approval from Tribal Council for one (1) year contract of $10,000 for Election Board legal services with Wilson D. Brott of Brott, Settles & Brott P.C. for Fiscal Year 2019.
G. Approval of Resolution #18-36.3047, Cannabis Referendum-John F. Petoskey, General Counsel
1. Motion to approve Resolution #18-36.3047 regarding a cannabis referendum.
H. Request for Tribal Council Funding- Veteran Training Conference-Leanne Alber
1. Approval of the donation request in the amount of $10,000 towards the cost of the conference.
I. Approval to Partner with Inphasto-Paul Bandrowski- Jane A. Rohl, Tribal Council Treasurer
1. Motion to enter into Herkner Rd. property development.
2. Motion to enter into Turtle Creek property development.
3. Motion to enter into Hoxie Rd. property development.
J. VA MOU with GTB Clinic-Ruth Bussey
1. Motion to approve the MOU.
K. GTEC- FY19 Planning and Preliminary Engineering of GTB Road Projects-Robert Kalbfleisch
1. Approval by Motion to contract with GTEC in the amount of $391,125.00 to perform the Tribe’s FY19 transportation planning work as outlined in RCA proposal #19001.
L. Residential Lot Transfer- J. Barrientoz to A. Barrientoz-Robert Kalbfleisch
1. Approval by Motion to transfer the assignment of lot #1C on GTB Parcel 1 in Block 2 of Section 2 in the Village of Peshawbestown from Jaime Barrientoz to Anna Barrientoz.
IV. Open Forum
V. CLOSED SESSION
A. Purchase Offer- Robert Kalbfleisch
B. Tribal Adoption-Diana Arnold, Membership Department
C. General Counsel Report-John F. Petoskey, General Counsel
VI. Return to Open Session
VII. Reaffirm any Motions made during Closed Session