- Estate Planning for Tribal Elders: Wills, Powers of Attorney, “Five Wishes” preparation.
- Presenting Officer in Tribal and State Courts for Indian Child Welfare cases involving abuse and neglect of children.
- Presenting Officer for Guardianship/Conservatorship cases at request of Tribal Court.
- Witness Assistance Program.
- Documentation and Collaboration with GTB Membership Department regarding state ICWA actions involving children who are members or eligible for membership in GTB, including out of state actions.
- Protection of the public safety through prosecution of crimes involving adults and juveniles.
- Compliance with Sex Offender Registration and Notification requirements of the Adam Walsh Act.
- Offer advice in civil matters to Tribal Elders
- Protection of victims of crime through prosecution of crimes involving victims.
- Referral to diversion programs, such as Peacemaking and Drug Court, as an alternative to formal prosecution in certain appropriate cases.
- General advice and counsel to Tribal members
- Collaboration with Tribal Court personnel to offer instruction in sober activities for Drug Court clients and probationers.
Michigan Indian Legal Services: Call for Assistance