Home / Events
YOUR VOICE MATTERS
Beginning with the 2024-2025 school year, as districts collect information about staff and students, they must also provide an opportunity for individuals to share their tribal affiliation(s). Districts will be required to submit that information to the Michigan Department of Education.
Why does this new data matter?
- Increases the visibility of Indigenous learners in Michigan’s public schools.
- Provides opportunity to learn more about how Indigenous learners are doing in programs designed for them.
- Strengthens relationships between tribal and school districts.
- Supports consultation between Tribal Nations and school districts.
- Creates opportunities to identify more support for Indigenous learners.
Enter to WIN an 8th Generation Blanket by completing a SHORT survey, CLICK HERE!
Deadline to enter is November 1, 2023.
Sponsored by the Michigan Department of Education’s Indigenous Education Initiative in partnership with the Confederation of Michigan Tribal Education Departments