Inland Program Services
- Produce, review, and implement policies and regulation booklets for Inland Hunting, Gathering, and Fishing Rights as recommended by the Natural Resources and Environment Committee.
- Issue Hunting, Fishing, Trapping, and Gathering Licenses and permits.
- Issue special use permits; disabled Tribal hunter permits,
- special needs subsistence/ceremonial permits, and road kill special use permits.
- Issue and manage the distribution of spearing and netting permits for specially regulated seasons/methods for fish.
- Register inland boat/snowmobile/ORV.
- Issue Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore access passes.
- Issue Huron-Manistee National Forest access passes.
- Issue camping permits, firewood permits, among other
- permits authorizing Tribal Member resource use on USFS and State lands.
- Conduct annual License Holder Survey.
- Develop and foster working relationships with Federal and State agencies to improve management efficiency,
- Develop resource use agreements, and improve productive communication with other resource management agencies.
- Conduct wildlife harvest monitoring; including deer check stations, furbearer registrations, and other special inspections of harvested fish and game.
- Conduct fisheries and wildlife habitat surveys, inventories, and assessments.
- Maintenance of the Tribal Repository/Exercise of American Indian Religious Freedom Act
- GPS Mapping and Technical Assistance
- Plant, Insect, and Fish Identification
- Public Outreach and Education (including Natural Resources Fair and Feast, Kids Free Fishing Days, fishery survey reports to membership, lake associations, and watershed committees)
- Scuba Diving (Advanced Open Water) Underwater Search and Recovery
- Grant writing and administration for resource protection, restoration, and enhancement projects with particular emphasis on collaborative projects
2017-18 Inland Fishing Regulations (Current for 2022)