Michelle Shaw, Transportation Supervisor
Monica Anderson, Transporter
Cell: 231-463-8534 Email: Monica.Anderson2@gtb-nsn.gov
Transportation Hotline: 231-534-7222
Patient Transportation Assistance for services within the six county service area is available for Indian residents who reside in Antrim, Benzie, Charlevoix, Grand Traverse, Leelanau, and Manistee Counties.
GTB HEALTH DEPARTMENT TRANSPORTATION SERVICES REMINDER:
The GTB Health Department is committed to providing health-related transportation services to GTB members. Recently we have had a series of appointments made and not kept. When this happens our transportation staff have lost crucial time and other members have missed their opportunity to utilize this service for their appointments. Please respect the time of our Transportation Staff, and please cancel appointments in advance.
Transportation Services Policy and Procedures:
- Prioritize Elderly and Disabled members, and GTB members with NO OTHER means of transportation.
- Must schedule at least 24 hours in advance by calling the Transportation Hotline: 231-534-7222, with appointment(s) date and time and a follow-up phone number.
- Transportation is based on the availability of the Transporter.
- All rules pertaining to the availability of other means of transport must be exhausted prior to the transport.
- All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent.
- For a prescription pick-up, please call the Transporter at 231-534-7222 BEFORE 10 am or BEFORE 3 pm.
- In the event that GTB offices are closed due to inclement weather and holidays, no transportation will be provided.
Megwetch from Department 8 Health Services-Transportation 😊
Health Transporter Priorities of Service:
- Elderly with no other means of transportation
- WIC appointments
Please schedule transports 24 hours in advance by calling the Transportation Hotline at 231-534-7222 and leave a detailed message including your name, appointment date, time and location, and a phone number where you can be reached for confirmation.
Please attempt to make scheduled appointments so they occur during normal business hours. As a reminder, transportation services are dependent upon the availability of the Transporter / CHR person. All rules pertaining to the availability and use of other means of transportation must be exhausted prior to requesting Health transportation.
All patients under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent during transportation where permission is required for treatment. The Health Transporter will not be responsible to act as client's representative for scheduled procedures or surgeries that need a family member / relative / friend to act as spokesperson for that client.
For transportation requests outside the service area clients are responsible for submitting the proper documentation in a timely manner. Requests are dependent upon the availability of the Transporter / CHR. For more information, please contact the Transportation office at 231-534-7234.